Once you have made the decision to build your dream home, you will find that you have yet another very important decision to make. Where are you going to live? Home decor and design can always be changed but location can not. Here are some questions to ask yourself when choosing the location for your home.
- How far are my spouse and I willing to travel to get to work?
- Who are the friends and family that I want to be close to?
- Are there businesses or attractions that I want to live by? Think about stores, parks, theaters, restaurants, etc. that you frequently visit.
- Do I have a preference when it comes to the school district my children will attend?
- How much land is right for our family?
- Are there possible restrictions such as what pets, landscaping, fencing, and paint colors are allowed that would conflict with my wants and needs.
- What do I want to see when I look out my window? Ocean views, buildings, landscaping, lakefront, and more are all possibilities. What is your personal preference?